GNOCCHI MAC AND CHEESE
• 30 ml Margarine
• 1 Onion, finely diced
• 2 Cloves crushed garlic
• 250 ml Milk
• 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce
• 500 g Fresh Italian potato gnocchi
• 5 ml Dijon mustard
• Pinch of Robertsons Nutmeg
• Cheddar cheese, grated for topping
• 2 Tomatoes, sliced
• Robertsons Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Fill a 3 litres pot with salted water and bring to the boil.
3. When boiling add the potato gnocchi.
4. After a few minutes the gnocchi will start to float to the surface of the pot.
5. Using a slotted spoon remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and set aside – the gnocchi is now cooked.
6. Melt margarine in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
7. Add the milk and stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce.
8. Add the Dijon mustard and nutmeg and allow to simmer for a 5 minutes or until thick.
9. Add the cooked potato gnocchi and mix well to combine then transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
10. Top with grated cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes and freshly ground black pepper.
11. Place in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
(Rachel Muhammad) http://lekkerreseptevirdiejongergeslag.blogspot.com/2014/01/gnocchi-mac-and-cheese.html