KOREAN CARROT SALAD
- In a large bowl, add salt to julienned carrot, mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir pepper paste with vinegar and set aside.
- In a frying pan, cook onion with olive oil until onion is golden brown. Take from heat and add mix of red pepper paste and vinegar. Stir.
- Add pepper/onion mix, minced garlic and coriander to the carrots. Mix thoroughly. Taste. Add sugar (if using). Adjust taste to your liking adding salt, sugar or vinegar.
- Transfer to a glass container and pop in a fridge for flavors to develop even more. Enjoy!**.effortnesslessly..
Cooked Carrot Salad with Moroccan Spiceshttp://lekkerreseptevirdiejongergeslag.blogspot.com/2014/08/wortelslaai.html
1 pound carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced into ¼-inch thick half circles
½ cup water
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 ½ teaspoons raz el hanout or Moroccan spice blend (see below)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
½ cup red onion, finely slivered
¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, slivered
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
1. Combine the carrots, water and garlic in a medium saucepan and heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until carrots are crisp tender, about 6 minutes.
2. Uncover carrots and simmer over medium-low heat to evaporate any excess water. Transfer to a serving bowl and cool slightly.
3. Sprinkle the raz el hanout into a small skillet and heat until the spice mixture releases its aroma, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
4. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and salt into the spices until blended.
5. Add dressing, red onion, olives and cilantro to the carrots and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature up to 2 hours, or until ready to eat.*.cookandbemerry.
Moroccan Spice Blend½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon crushed saffron threads
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Combine all spices in a small bowl and use 1 ½ teaspoon of mixture in recipe above.*.cookandbemerry.
( 1 serving)
Cucumber 1 Large
Tomato 1 large
Bell pepper 1 very small
Carrot 1 small
Mayonnaise 1 spoon
Yogurt 2 spoon
Lime juice 1 spoon
Salt ½ teaspoon
Black pepper ¼ teaspoon
Peel cucumber and slice it into small cubes. Also slice tomato and bell pepper into small cubes. Peel raw carrot and slice it into 2cm length-wise. Mix all dressing ingredients together and serve.*.iranianrecipe.