Recipe – Makes 10 Fritters (cooking time: 25-35 minutes)
1 medium size head (around 450 gr)
1/3 cup AP Flour (Gewone koekmeel)
2 Large Eggs
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 tbs Cornmeal
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Salt
5 tbs Nutritional Yeast (Gebruik parmesaan kaas )
Fresh Cilantro, chopped (2 tbs)
Fresh Black Pepper
(Nutritional yeast kan ook uitgelaat word of vervang word met Parmesaan kaas.)
1. Break down the cauliflower florets and cook it either by steaming or simmering in water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the water and while it’s still warm, chop the cauliflower in tiny pieces (or use a food processor)
3. Mix the cauliflower with the spices, garlic and cilantro.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add to cauliflower mixture along with corn meal, flour and nutritional yeast.
5. Heat up a pan with 2 tbs of oil (I used coconut oil) and fry 3-4 (depending on the size of your pan).
6. Cook until golden grown on each side for a few minutes.
– The fritters can be made up to one day ahead and then reheat them in the oven at 375F for a few minutes. (Topped with Provolone cheese gives it a different touch).
– You can skip the nutritional yeast, but you might want to add other spices since the yeast adds a cheesy flavor to the fritters.
– After frying the first batch, try one to check on seasoning, I eat a bit low in salt so you might want to adjust.
Vera Lewis Kotze
4 cups of riced cauliflower (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used a Tex Mex blend because that's all I had)
3 tsp oregano 4 cloves garlic, minced salt and pepper to taste
1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (for topping)
1.Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3.Microwave for 10 minutes. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the 4 eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella,oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix everything together. 4.Separate the mixture in half and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
5.Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
6.Slice and serve. #Banting