What you will need:
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup butter, melted
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C and grease a baking sheet or donut pan.
2. Mix the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and
3. In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, honey and butter – stir into the
dry ingredients. 4. Spoon the mixture into the greased baking sheet and bake
for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Decorate with your choice of topping, frosting, icing, sugar or jam.* Sally Williams Fine
BAKED DOUGHNUTS 2
(makes 12 doughnuts):
300g self-raising flour
130g castor sugar
5ml ground cinnamon
A pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
15g melted butter
½ tsp vanilla essence
100ml apricot jam
300g Dark Chocolate Pieces
Jam doughnut ingredients
1. Preheat the oven to 220°c and lightly grease the doughnut pan with a non-stick spray.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients. Next add the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and a squeeze of vanilla paste.
3. Whisk until all the ingredients are combined and the batter is smooth. Do not overwork the batter. Fill the doughnut moulds to two-thirds full and level out.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until the doughnuts are golden and cooked through.
5. Leave the doughnuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
6. Heat the cream in a small saucepan, make sure it does not boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips, whisking until all the chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth.
7. Place the jam in a piping bag with a small nozzle. Make three small holes at the bottom of each doughnut and pipe jam into the holes.
Dip each doughnut into the ganache and enjoy.
Recipe Credit : Yuppiechef