- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 10g butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 100's and 1000's or crushed nuts, to decorate
- Stir sugar, butter, water and vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, about 10-15 minutes or until a spoonful of the mixture crackles when dropped in cold water.
- Pour into paper baking cases in patty pan holes; sprinkle with 100's and 1000's or crushed nuts. Leave to set.
- Tip: For a chewier toffee, cook for a shorter time (until toffee forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water).***allrecipes**