CHEESY TATER TOT GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPE
A hearty recipe for cheesy tater tot ground beef casserole. Great served topped with sour cream and a side salad.
500g ( 1 lb) lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
4-5 cups tater tots
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready a 9x9 inch square baking dish.
In a large frying pan fry beef on medium heat until brown. stir in onions.
Transfer beef to baking dish and top with peas and a layer of cheese.
Place a layer of tater tots evenly onto cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until tots are crispy and golden.Source: Grandmotherskitchen
TATER TOTS Foto geleen - gekoopte produk
A form of hash browns
Things You'll Need
8 to 10 potatoes
½ medium onion
4 tbsp. flour
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 to 2 cups canola or extra virgin olive oil
Large mixing bowl
1. Peel the potatoes and boil them until them are tender but not mushy. You should be able to puncture the potatoes with a fork without the potatoes cracking or falling apart.
2. Shred the potatoes and onion in a food processor.
3. Scrape the potato mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the minced garlic, salt and pepper with a fork until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Add the flour and mix everything again.
4. Heat the oil in a pan set on medium heat. Shape potato mixture into tater tot form, or just roll it into balls. Place the tots in the hot oil and cook them on each side until they are a dark, golden brown. The tater tots may stick to the bottom of the pan, so use a fork to carefully nudge the tots.
5. Drain the tots on paper towels. Transfer them to an ungreased baking sheet, and cook them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. If the tots appear to be getting too brown, cover them with foil for the rest of the baking time.